Under the Inflation Reduction Act, several major programs can link together to provide an extraordinary opportunity for return on investment in renewable energy while reducing your energy bill.
- There is a 30% Investment Tax Credit (ITC) on the total project cost. This tax credit extends until 2032 and is retroactive to any projects installed during 2022.
- An additional 10% bonus credits apply to products meeting “domestic content” guidelines. Bergey wind turbines, manufactured in Norman, Oklahoma, USA, are therefore qualified for a full 40% tax credit.
- An additional 10% is available if your project is in a “brownfield” location, or a community with a recent coal plant or mine closure.
- And additional 10% bonus credits are available if your project is in a designated “low-income community”.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture offers a REAP (Rural Energy for America Program) Grant. This grant will pay up to 40% of the total project cost directly to you. If approved, the REAP Grant payment would be separate and apart from the Investment Tax Credit.
- An investment in renewable energy would be considered an investment in capital operating equipment, and subject to depreciation under IRS Rule 179.
CALL US AT (405) 364-4212
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS